Who We Are
The Potter’s House Community Development Empowering Center, Inc. (TPHCDEC) is a nonprofit organization that was founded by Bishop Vaughn and Lady Narlene McLaughlin in 2004. The purpose of TPHCDEC is to educate and empower individuals to improve their quality of life. Our mission is to aid, educate, and mentor disadvantaged individuals and families and point them towards a life of self-sufficiency.
The goals of TPHCDEC are to:
* Expand educational, employment, and other economic empowerment opportunities for residents of the local and surrounding communities
* Preserve the heritage of the community and its residents
* Aid, service, and develop people to reach their fullest potential by providing social services and promoting educational success
* Promote positive redevelopment of families, youth, and the elderly within our community
* Provide services and programs that will encourage and enhance the livelihood of individuals and families
* Establish, assist with, and provide affordable housing opportunities to individuals and families with low to moderate incomes.